Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing selected territory in the Eastern Sales Region.
The Account Manager reports to the Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for the complete business relationship with the accounts in the assigned territory. Work collaboratively with Solvay functional departments for the continuous improvement of business relationships with assigned accounts.
Successful candidate will manage a sales territory. Execute the sales function within the assigned area of responsibility and exceed customer expectations for service and support. This will include supporting business growth and achieving the Commercial plan targets, while bearing the responsibility for the complete business relationship with accounts and collaborative work with Solvay functional departments for the continuous improvement of business relationships with accounts.
Additional activities will include the following:
- Develop and achieve the annual sales budget for assigned accounts.
- Identify and capture growth opportunities that support growth strategies.
- Update rolling forecast monthly and report on variances.
- Lead the proposal process for assigned accounts. Obtain competitive, cost and other information required to develop the selling strategy and obtain management approval for the proposal. Work within the parameters of the quotation process to recommend and establish target-selling prices and obtain necessary approvals. This includes compiling the supporting data, pricing strategy, raw material supply plan, and contractual framework required to develop the proposal for complex multi-year proposals. Monthly follow-up and reporting on the status of key quotations and proposals. Communicate the outcome of negotiations. Ensure that contract copies are appropriately documented, approved and distributed.
- Maintain a sales contract file on all long-term agreements that includes: customer request for proposal, profitability analysis, contract volume projections, negotiation strategy, memorandum of agreement, contract, and contract amendments.
- Assess customer information in order to anticipate changes that could affect sales revenues and budget plans. Develop and implement the subsequent proactive strategies or responses as appropriate.
- Manage demand within capacity constraints as agreed with market segment and product line teams.
- Manage commercial project assignments to meet agreed milestone dates and deliver targeted results.
Experience / Competencies / Requirements
- At least five years of direct sales or account/relationship management experience
- Composites and/or aerospace sales experience with major OEM airframe manufacturers or suppliers required.
- Experience with development of strategic account plans.
- Demonstrated selling skills including negotiating and relationship building with strong customer focus.
- Previous experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to lead quote development teams, including understanding costs and price development, and lead complex sales proposals and transactions
- Experience working effectively with technical teams and products
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely and make presentations to internal and external executive management.
- Self-directed, self-starter with demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Well-developed planning and strategic thinking skills
- Project management and leadership skills and the ability to lead cross functional teams
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to progress to higher levels of responsibility
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Undergraduate degree in a technical degree or equivalent experience
- Desired: MBA or equivalent degree or financial experience or Engineering degree
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training Platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Solvay Shares Plan
- Free Well-Being sessions (physical and psychological)
- The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this new hire is: $90,000t o $130,000. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role may also include bonus and/or other incentives.
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.