Product Stewardship Compliance Specialist (Materials)
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- You will play an active role to support the regional regulatory compliance team with trade export compliance activities and product stewardship processes. The position accountabilities described below are specific to supporting all businesses within the Materials GBU related European Product Stewardship regulations.
- The Materials Cluster Product Stewardship organization interacts closely with multiple functions within the Materials Cluster providing regulatory expertise and guidance to the businesses.
- You will report directly to the Global Product Stewardship Manager.
You can count on us for:
- You will be part of a multicultural team and help Solvay upscale their capabilities in the Product Stewardship while also having opportunities to grow within the company.
We count on you for:
- Train to become an expert on EU Export Compliance Regulations in support of all businesses within the Materials GBU. Run export compliance rules in SAP, assess impact of export compliance regulations on portfolio, etc. Liaise with the Customs Trade Compliance team on data gaps. Align with other Solvay trade experts in other regions on an as needed basis. Examples of typical export regulations include, but are not limited to: Prior Informed Consent (PIC), Ozone depleting, drug pre-cursors, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the future EU Polymers Requiring Registration regulation.
- Engage in regulatory watch for the pending regulation, training, gap assessments, collecting evidence to support opt out or registration as needed, etc.
- Support the Composites business with EU like REACH registrations, including updating dossiers and Only Representative management, etc.
- Support Sustainability projects such as product risk assessments, analysis of safer alternatives, etc.
- Provide Product Stewardship support for other new and/or existing EU regulations that may impact the Materials GBU on an as needed basis.
You will bring:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Understanding of thermoset and/or polymer chemistry is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP is a nice-to-have.
- 5+ years of experience is preferred.
- Experience in REACH registrations is highly valued.
- Basic knowledge of export control is a plus.
- Customer Care focus.
- Team player and ethical behavior.
- Strong communication skills.
- Autonomous and initiative oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16 weeks, or more, of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations.
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.