Research Scientist(organometallic catalysis)
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- Propose, instruct and document projects in collaboration with GBUs, platform, other WW Advanced labs or external partners such as institutes/universities.
- Plan the research programs of his/her projects, and communicate such plans to both Solvay management and external partners.
- Execute the research program and ensure the achievement of Solvay objectives on the projects.
- Responsible for the lab work and lab equipment set-up to develop new products or processes using his/her competences and experience.
- Close contact with tollers, suppliers, WW research and application labs, and HSE & business teams.
- Close collaboration with GBUs/Growth Initiative/Advanced Labs staffs along with collaboration with external partners.
- Perform data analysis and interpret experimental results to propose new experimental conditions, experiment design and testing in order to overcome difficulties.
- Comply with HSE requirement and participate in lab 5S and safety activities.
- Work in the Research and Innovation Center in Shanghai for Solvay/CNRS Joint Lab – Eco-Efficient Products and Processes Laboratory (E2P2L).
You will bring:
- Doctorate or post-doctorate in organic chemistry / organometallic chemistry / catalysis or a related discipline.
- One or two years of working experience would be preferred.
- Deep experienced on organic chemistry / organometallic chemistry with solid mechanism investigation and understanding.
- Excellent knowledge of characterization techniques (GC, GC-MS, HPLC, FT-IR, NMR).
- Be able to issue high-level quality technical report and deliver scientific speech / presentation.
- Demonstrated experience in leading R&D projects, ideally in an industrial setting or with industrial stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and strongly problem-oriented work style.
- Excellent ability to work in a team and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluent English skill both in speaking, writing and listening.
- French is a plus.
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations.
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.