Customer Technical Development Engineer (Transportation)
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- You will be part of our Customer Technical Development function within Solvay Specialty Polymers that provides strong technical expertise and value to our customers by leveraging the entire product portfolio, resources, and know-how of the GBU.
- We are looking for creative, curious self-starters and leaders interested in non-routine challenges to join the Technical Development team and support thermoplastic applications for automotive in North America.
- You will be responsible for providing technical application development expertise to customers and will interact with the internal organization (commercial teams, application development team, R&D, Manufacturing, etc.) to develop total customer solutions.
We count on you for:
- As CTD Engineer, you are our customers’ point of contact as expert for technical topics of our products:
- In close collaboration with commercial and business development, you will develop new applications and consult on polymer material selection and design (metal to plastic conversion, mold flow and CAE support in collaboration with our Engineering department, etc.)
- You will provide technical support to our customers on tooling, processing trials, troubleshooting, and testing (thermal, mechanical, rheology, microscopy, etc.) for the final validation of the parts as well as initiate new product developments together with commercial and R&D teams
- Organize and facilitate technical trainings about polymers, applications and processing to internal and external stakeholders (product trainings, Tech Days,…)
You can count on us for:
- Long-lasting excellent customer relations, self-dependent working, and a variety of tasks in one of the world’s leading chemical companies.
- Excellent training & development possibilities.
You will bring:
Education and Experience:
- Academic degree in engineering, material science or a technical related field
- Masters and PhD highly desirable (considering recent graduates)
- 2+ years experience in polymer melt processing such as injection molding, extrusion, compression molding and/or numerical simulation tools is a plus
- 2+ years experience working with customers.
- Technical and analytical skills-set and simultaneously enjoy communicating and networking with people
- Strong communication skills & customer-focus.
- English - fluent
You will get:
- Competitive salary: The U.S. annual base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this new hire is: $90,000. to $150,000. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Solvay Shares Plan
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Location(s): Alpharetta (Georgia, US) - Hybrid work style
- Availability to travel up to 40% of the time
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.