Application Engineer - Composites for Smart Devices
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- The Customer Technical Development (CTD) team within Solvay Materials is designed to provide strong technical expertise and value to our customers by leveraging the entire product portfolio, resources, and know-how of the GBU.
- We want a creative, curious individual with strong technical expertise and leadership skills to join our Technical Development team and support smart device applications in North America, with a focus on composites.
We count on you for:
- Identifying and developing application opportunities with customers
- Providing technical expertise and solution development
- Acquiring market knowledge and collaborating with global CTD team
- Providing technical training and literature
- Championing sustainability solutions
- Building strong relationships with customers and within the organization
You can count on us for:
- Join Solvay for a unique opportunity to work in the high performance composites, polymers, fluids, and elastomers industry and drive the creation of tailor-made solutions for the next generation of smart devices. Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company that addresses key societal challenges and offers a strong balance between technical challenge and deep customer engagement.
You will bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent
- Experience in composites manufacturing, processing, and application
- Mechanical aptitude, part and tooling design skills
- 3+ years of experience in a technical position working with composites and polymers: knowledge of composites characteristics and criticalities, polymer physics, material selection, and processing.
- Hands-on experience working with composites and polymers in a manufacturing environment (pultrusion, lamination, thermoforming, extrusion, injection molding, compression molding).
- Experience in Smart Devices market/tiers/customers is a plus
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in customer-facing and commercial environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to work independently and effectively with both customers and a global team
- Strong communication and customer-focused skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
You will get:
- The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this position is $100,000 to $130,000 per year. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Solvay Shares Plan
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Willing and able to travel 50-60% of the time and have a flexible working schedule.
- Availability to work on site - Alpharetta
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.