Solvay SA collects and processes personal data relating to you in order to offer you to apply online for a job in Solvay and to allow us to handle your application. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use such data.
Below you will find more information about the conditions under which we process your personal data as controller (i.e. the legal entity which decides on the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data), your rights and our obligations in relation to such processing pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
What is “personal data”?
Personal data means the data we collect about you and that can be used to identify you directly (i.e. based on a piece of data alone) or indirectly (i.e. from that data in combination with other data that is available or likely to be available).
What personal data is collected about me?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal data, as part of our activities and, where applicable, legal obligations as employer:
- Identification data (such as name, surname, address, place and date of birth, civil status, language, nationality, gender, photo (optional), age or disability
- education history, professional experience, relevant skills, seniority, CV, hobbies, qualifications and letters of application, , letters of recommendation
Why is my personal data collected and on which legal basis ?
Legal basis for the processing
We are not allowed to process personal data if we do not have a valid legal ground. Therefore, we are allowed to process your personal data because the processing is necessary to:
- take pre-contractual steps upon your recruitment.
- create your profile to access the Solvay Recruiting Tool services as a legitimate interest.
Please note that the provision of certain personal data is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under such contract. Failure to provide the necessary personal data will hinder Solvay’s ability to offer you to apply online for a job in Solvay and to allow us to handle your application.
Please do not transmit sensitive information to us such as your ethnic origin, your political opinion, your philosophic and religious opinion, your membership of a trade union or a political party, your physic and mental health, your sexual orientation, a legal proceeding, your National Identity number or your Social Security number.
Purposes of the processing
We require your personal data to carry out our activities and, where applicable, fulfil our obligations as your employer, and in particular for the following specific purposes:
We collect your personal data with the aim to enable you to apply online and to allow us to handle your application. If your profile matches the job, you may be contacted for further selection.
Who has access to my personal data?
In the course of our activities under this recruiting platform and for the same purposes as those listed in this information notice, your personal data can be accessed by or shared internally (e.g. with members of our HR teams , your line manager, managers in the business area in which you are working, internal advisors (e.g. legal department) and IT staff and administrators), including with other entities within the Solvay group. Such access will be limited to strictly authorized personnel on a need to know basis.
Your personal data may also be accessed by and shared with the following categories of recipients to achieve the above purposes:
- third parties who process personal data, such as our IT systems providers, cloud services providers, database providers and security service providers and only to authorized persons who need to know such personal data in order to accomplish their respective missions.
- our external advisors, external lawyers, accountants and consultants;
- where required by applicable law or at their request, national and/or international regulatory or enforcement bodies or courts , such as judicial courts, arbitrators, mediators, inspection services and tax authorities;
The personal data transferred internally or externally as set out in this section may also be processed in a country outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") not offering an adequate level of personal data protection.
If your personal data is transferred to such country, we will put in place suitable safeguards to ensure such transfer is legally carried out. You may request additional information in this respect and on the applied safeguard by exercising your rights as set out below.
For how long is my personal data stored?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected and processed or to comply with our legal or regulatory requirements.
We will purge your personal data collected for the candidate profile i) after a 6 month period starting either from i) your or the administrator’s deletion of your profile or ii) immediately after a 6 month-period of inactivity on your profile (if you have not logged to your profile for 6 months). In the latter case, we will send you a candidature purge notification one (1) month before the end of the 6 month delay to warn you that without any log to your profile the personal data is purged in one month.
In any case, your personal data for the candidate profile will not be purged while a job offer to which you applied is still active.
The personal data collected for a job offer to which you applied will be purged at the end of a six (6) month period following a closed, withdrawn or disqualified job application status.
What are my rights in relation to the processing of my personal data?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. Under the conditions and within the limits of the GDPR, you can:
- access and obtain a copy of your personal data on request;
- require that we rectify your inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- require that we erase or stop processing your data (e.g. where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing);
- require the restriction of your personal data processing;
- request that the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or transferred to someone else in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. The latter right must be exercised in compliance with your confidentiality duties; or
- withdraw your consent where we relied on the latter to process personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal).
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the following address: email@example.com.
In addition, you also have the right - if you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights - to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the country or region of your usual place of residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
How do we ensure the protection of my personal data?