Responsible Care policy
Solvay is committed to safeguard People and the Environment by continuously improving its environmental, health and safety performance, the security of facilities, processes and technologies, and chemical product safety and stewardship throughout the supply chain, in line with Solvay’s signature of the ICCA’s Responsible Care Global Charter®.
This is achieved via effective processes:
- Conducting activities in accordance with Solvay’s Procedures and Guidelines on Occupational safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Process safety, Transport safety, Environment, Product Safety, Security;
- Local HSE Management Systems consistent with Solvay’s requirements;
- Product Stewardship Management Systems, including the systematic assessment of safer alternatives for hazardous substances of concern;
- Security practices based on the Responsible Care Security Code;
- Continuous improvement of performance via compliance audits, risk identification and self-assessments;
- Improvements regarding environmental impacts, climate change, people safety, along targets defined within our sustainability strategy;
- Energy Efficiency and Energy transition programs in industrial sites;
- Benchmark of our sustainability management and performance.