Advanced precursors for phosphors, providing outstanding light, brightness and lifetime performance
The Luminostar® range meets the challenging demand for new, more efficient phosphors with improved brightness and performance, and lower cost products, allowing technology expansion.
Developed for trichromatic (low-energy) lamps, Luminostar® is the broadest range of precursors to date designed for rare earth phosphors.
Features & Benefits
The Luminostar® product range shows significant benefits:
- High rare earth purity for enhanced luminescence
- Controlled reactivity for easier processing
- Tight control of physical and chemical characteristics leading to enhanced performance such as lifetime, brightness and color purity
- Customized products combining controlled composition of multiple elements in various matrixes
- Fine particle size for phosphors designs optimization
- Low energy lamps, which consume 5 to 10 less energy than incandescent lamps, and last 8 to 15 times longer for a comparable light output
- LCD & Plasma display panels
- Medical applications
Groundbraking scientific innovation that conserves Terbium
Morningstar® is a groundbreaking scientific innovation that reduces the need for terbium, thus helping to conserve rare natural resources and support the global demand for energy-saving lighting.