The highest quality sodium bicarbonate
Solvay is a leading supplier of Bicar®pharma, a premium grade of sodium bicarbonate suitable for use as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API). Bicar®pharma is manufactured under GMP-conditions and also supported by CEP documentation to ensure security of supply and high level of service.
- High quality standards: our product is manufactured under GMP conditions (ICH_Q7 or Eudralex vol 4, part II)
- An outstanding reliability thanks to a strong worldwide supply chain and production units located in Europe, North America and soon in Thailand
- Additional services offered to our customers to simplify their marketing authorization process, as CEP certificate (Certificate of Suitability) and DMF (Drug Master File)
- A complete traceability along the manufacturing chain: a batch number enables the product to be tracked throughout the entire production process
- A consistent quality thanks to a complete process control throughout the manufacturing chain
- A high level of innovation thanks to a dedicated research and technology center
- Active Ingredients (API)
- Excipient in effervescent formulations
- Electrolyte in hemodialysis
Download our brochure
Our essential ingredients for the global pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry.
As market leader, Solvay is offering pharmaceutical ingredients meeting high quality standards. We can provide you with the right grade of sodium bicarbonate and anhydrous sodium carbonate for a large range of applications.
Solvay certified in Thailand to provide high purity sodium bicarbonate for Asian pharma market.
Solvay has achieved the implementation of Good Manufacturing Practices GMP* for the production of sodium bicarbonate as an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) at its facility in Map Ta Phut in Thailand.
With Dombasle (France) and Torrelavega (Spain), Map Ta Phut is the third plant of Solvay’s unique global industrial network of nine sodium bicarbonate sites that is experienced in API production.
It enhances Solvay’s position as a global player offering Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API and Excipient) and Medical Device components that meet high quality standards.
Moreover Solvay is well positioned to serve the healthcare market which is growing rapidly in Asia, mainly in applications such as hemodialysis.
*according to ICH Q7/PIC-S guide part II