Caso® is a range of high quality calcium chloride.
The available grades of Caso® provide the best features to many industries including the food, feed and home care markets.
- A complete range of products for various applications: solution, flakes for food, feed and technical uses
- Quality standards: produced in conformity with the Food Chemical Codex 8th edition
- A consistent quality thanks to a complete process control throughout the manufacturing chain.
- A high level of customer support thanks to a dedicated technical team
- Road treatment (de-icing and de-dusting)
- Oil and gas industry
- Water treatment
- Domestic and industrial de-humidification
Download our brochure
Premium quality Calcium Chloride for Food industry.
During winter, Caso® is good for the environment and can reduce road maintenance costs
A study*, presented at the International Winter Road congress (Poland) in March 2018, draws attention to the effective economic and environmental contribution of using calcium chloride for de-icing.
When spreaded on sodium chloride salt, calcium chloride forms a sticky layer, thereby keeping the salt “trapped” on the road and preventing its migration to environment. Thanks to its other properties, calcium chloride also makes the de-icing solution stay longer on the road. As a result, less salt is needed to keep the road surface safe, which makes it an attractive solution to reducing road maintenance costs as well as reducing environmental impact.
Solvay produces Caso® in Rosignano (IT) and is a strong global provider.
*done by the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI).